This Sweet and Salty Nut and Pretzel Snack Mix is great to have on hand to serve guests during the holidays or even to package up and give as gifts!
You can use any of your favorite nuts in this recipe. Our favorites are almonds and cashews. The salty combo of nuts with pretzels with the light sugary coating is perfect!
Sweet and Salty Nut and Pretzel Snack Mix
- ½ cup sucanat or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ pound any nuts you like
- 8-ounces pretzels
- Mix sucanat, cinnamon, and salt in a gallon-sized ziploc-type bag.
- Set aside.
- Whisk egg white, vanilla, and water in a large bowl until frothy.
- Toss in nuts and pretzels, coating them all with liquid.
- Pour the coated pecans into the bag with sucanat/cinnamon/salt mixture.
- Seal the bag and shake gently to coat the pecans as evenly as possible.
- Spread the coated pecans on a parchment paper or silicone mat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 250° oven for 1 hour - stirring every 20 minutes.
Our favorite source for organic nuts is Braga Farms. We visited their farm a few years ago. They are fantastic people. I buy from them when I can. :)