This Simple Ranch Taco Chip Dip can become a super-fast lunch or supper for your family!
Well now. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve created and posted a new recipe. I blame these people:
And also these.
This picture features the gorgeous people of college students and friends who joined our family for Easter this year. Our home is full and so are our hearts. And I suppose that it goes without saying that our hands are a little bit full too. So lately, I’ve been sticking with my favorite tried and true recipes just to keep life as simple as possible in the kitchen.
How amazing is God, by the way? (Well, so amazing, of course.) But specifically, I love how a few years ago, while He was very well aware of the turn of events that would happen in our home, He started me down the road of creating the simplest recipes ever. It all turned into a cookbook, and these recipes are how I survive now!! I love this.
But all that to say, sometimes I still itch to be creative in the kitchen. And sometimes I have a few minutes to tinker. This recipe is the result of such tinkering! It’s simple and can be stirred together with only one hand (while holding a baby in the other, ask me how I know). Enjoy this dip as a snack, a side dish, or a meal with a side of fruit!
Simple Ranch Taco Chip Dip
- 3 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 10 ounce can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies), drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese (we prefer Colby jack or cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- Your favorite tortilla chips
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Cover the dip and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Or just eat it right away, because who can wait an hour?
This is one of those delightful recipes that allows you to quickly dump everything into a bowl and stir it up. All of our kids – even our pickiest eaters – enjoy this dip! See how easy? Dump it in, stir it up, get out the chips. :)
I love dips that can turn into a simple meal for our families!