These breakfast sandwich ideas are easy and you probably already know how to put these together. But here’s your encouragement to make a bunch of breakfast sandwiches ahead and freeze them for easy meals!
Dare I throw my teenage kid under the bus and tell you about the time I got up early to make him a hearty breakfast sandwich before he left at 6:50 am for a tennis tournament? And how he was so grateful but then he put his hot sandwich in his tennis bag and forgot to eat it on the way to the tournament?? I can’t decide if I should tell you about that or not…
Well. At least I didn’t tell you which kid it was.
But back to how you can make breakfast sandwiches ahead of time.
I like to make a dozen or so at once, then individually wrap them in foil and warm them up in the oven or air fryer as needed when we need a grab-and-go breakfast with protein.
The great thing about making breakfast sandwiches is that you can use any variety of meats, breads, and cheeses that you have on hand and that your family likes!
Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwich Ideas
Start with any bread options you have like:
- English Muffins
- Loaf Bread
- Hamburger Buns
- Boiled and made into egg salad
- Sliced Ham
- Sausage Patties
- Bacon Strips
- Sliced Turkey
- Sliced Canadian Bacon
- Sliced Colby Jack
- Sliced Pepper Jack
- Sliced Cheddar
Assemble your sandwiches:
- If you want to wrap your sandwiches individually, prepare foil wraps according to how many sandwiches you plan to make. Lay them out on the counter.
- Place bread on each piece of foil wrap.
- Cook eggs – one per sandwich.
- Distribute cooked eggs onto each bottom part of the bread.
- Top with meat.
- Top with cheese.
- Place the top sandwich bread over the cheese.
- Wrap the sandwich with foil.
- Place wrapped sandwiches in freezer bags to store in the freezer or fridge to warm up as needed.
- Warm a thawed sandwich in a 350-degree oven or in an air fryer for about 10 minutes.
- Eat on the run.
Do you like to make breakfast sandwiches for an on-the-go option?