By request, I’m sharing all of our favorite games. This post is always fun because we can all share our favorites in the comments, which gives us good Christmas gift ideas.
You’ll definitely see that we are a game-playing family! We don’t have as much time as we used to have to make a game night happen. But when we can, we love to play games for hours!
The top four in this list are games we got new last year, thanks to your recommendations! If we had to pick a favorite, it would be Settlers of Catan with a variety of expansions.
- 5-Second Rule
- Spot It!
- The Game of Things
- Settlers of Catan (With extentions, which you’ll need if you have more than 4 players.)
- Settlers of Catan Cities and Knights (This is an expansion of Settlers of Catan. This is our favorite add on to regular Setters.)
- Seafarers of Catan (Also an expansion of Settlers.)
- Ticket to Ride
- Bohnanza (This one is unique. Great for older kids and adults. We love this one!)
- Blink (Malachi and I play this quick card game a lot while the older brothers are at basketball practice.)
- Apples to Apple Junior (This is probably our favorite group game. We don’t recommend the regular version of this game because the cards are less familiar to the kids.)
- Boggle (This game totally counts as school work, but no one knows they’re learning.)
- Quelf (I’ve actually decided that I very much dislike this one. The kids like it though.)
- Pass the Pigs
- Huskerdu (great for younger kids – still fun for adults)
I love that many of these are inexpensive and some are even small enough for a stocking!
Now it’s your turn. Share your favorite games! What do we not have that you recommend? What games do you plan to get for your family this Christmas?
This post contains affiliate links.