Looking for a way to make Easter special at home this year? We put this Focused Family Fun Easter Packet together for our family and want to make it available to you too!
This year, with our houseful of kids (including two new foster sons who have very limited understanding of the Bible and who Jesus is), we wanted to make Easter a time of learning and of fun.
Since we are not able to leave the house, we came up with this way to make Easter an extra special day for everyone. Here’s hoping we’ll all have fun and learn more about Jesus and His resurection at the same time!
How our Hello Easter Focused Family Fun works:
- On Friday, we’ll read and share about Jesus’ crucifixion and death.
- On Sunday morning, our boys will wake up to nothing. Oh! But they’ll receive their first riddle/clue to help them know that something great is coming! (The details of this are all in the packet we’re giving you!)
- The first clue will lead them to a great big basket. Hmmm, an empty basket?? Well yes. It represents Jesus’ tomb. That was empty too. :)
- We’ll read from scripture about how Jesus’ friends discovered His empty grave. We’ll hand the kids the next clue so they can work together to figure out where their first gift is. This will lead to more scripture reading, more gifts, and more riddles and clues.
- Throughout this fun scavenger hunt, our boys will learn or re-learn the beauty of Jesus’ plan for salvation. We’ll take communion together. We’ll work together. We’ll have fun together. We’re praying that this will be a time of joy and learning for our kids!
Want to join the fun?
We put together a packet that shares more details about what you need if you’d like to put together a similar scavenger hunt for your family. It includes a full sample of riddles and clues that show you what we’re gifting our kids and where we’re hiding everything (shh, don’t tell!).
Obviously what we’re doing won’t work perfectly for your household – but we hope you use the sample we share and all of our riddles to give you lots of ideas for how you can adapt and make this work for your family!
Grab your free Focused Family Fun packet by signing up below. Watch for an email asking you to confirm that you want to receive this information. Then check your inbox again to see the packet come your way!
You’ll become a part of our wonderful Heavenly Homemakers community, something that brings us great honor.
Sign up to receive your Hello Easter Packet below:
Is this free for everyone or just for Club members? I’d like to share this post with friends from church if it’s free for everyone. Thanks!
Bethany Lotulelei says
Hey Kathy! It is free for everybody! Anyone who wants the freebie, just needs to enter their email, and they will get it in their inbox.
-Bethany (HH Team)
The only way I am able to get access to the Easter scavenger hunt would be to subscribe to the club. Is there another link?
We did this this morning, just changing it a little bit to fit our family and everyone loved it! Thank you for the good idea.
This was great, thank you for sharing with us this freebie! We changed it up a bit to fit for our family but worked great. We have 3 girls and two are over 20 and then our bonus kiddo is 10 and I wasn’t sure how well anything would work to get them to all do something together and enjoy it. However this was just the ticket. The older girls and the younger had fun all working together and it was something totally different that what we usually do! Thanks again <3