Last week I whined to you that my computer seemed to be on the brink of death. This is quite a big deal for our household as we rely on our computer for many, many things, most importantly the work we do on this website.
Our computer is just over a year old, which should mean that having our computer up and die isn’t something we should have to fear. Yet, for the past couple of months we’ve been experiencing some crazy symptoms and scares. We’ve had it looked at, cleaned up and looked at again.
The guy working on it said he’d never seen anything like it – not a comforting statement from someone who’s been working on computers for many years. To say that I was under a bit of stress last week is quite an understatement. Looking back, I should have handled this better, knowing that God always works everything out. In the big scheme of things, having a dying computer, but having healthy children and a roof over our heads means that truly, all is well.
I won’t go into all of the specific stresses of the week, but let me just tell you a little bit about how God worked through this:
- A few weeks ago, my friend Brenda told me about Carbonite, letting me know that it was a great way to back up your computer. We decided to go for it.
- On Tuesday, Carbonite completed its back-up of our entire computer, including eBooks I have in the works plus hundreds of pictures we’ve taken.
- The VERY next day, the computer refused to boot up. Yeah, the very next day.
- After trying many other things, our computer-expert friend had to basically restore our computer to its original self, meaning that everything we had on it was wiped out and our computer came back to us like a brand new computer.
This means two things:
- We truly have a wonderfully working, like new computer again. It’s working fantastically.
- If we hadn’t just backed up all of our files, we would have lost everything stored on our computer.
I am so thankful that God prompted us to get everything backed up. Carbonite has already restored all of our files back to our computer. Wow.
I am so thankful that our computer is now working wonderfully again. And I am so thankful for friends who helped us out during that time, either by helping fix the computer, offering to help fix the computer or letting us borrow their laptops so we could at least do bare minimum work on the website while we waited to get our computer back. We have such great and helpful friends.
What are you thankful for this Gratituesday? Write about it on your blog, then come link up with us here. If you don’t have a blog, be sure to leave a comment letting us know what you’re grateful for!
If you are linking up a blog post for Gratituesday,
please copy and paste the following sentence into your post! Thanks!
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!