It’s kind of a no-brainer, converting muffin recipes into quick bread recipes and vice versa. Still, it’s not something I always think about doing.
Remember how I turned Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins into Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread? That worked just as well when I decided to turn Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins into Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.
To make it easy, I’ll post the recipe here with revised instructions for making this batter into a delicious quick bread!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (I used freshly ground hard white wheat)
- ½ cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin (or one 16 ounce can)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients. Add eggs, pumpkin and oil. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into two buttered loaf pans. Bake in a 350° oven for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow bread to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Do you like muffins or quick bread better, or does it depend on the day?