Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins anyone? Grab a cup of coffee or hot chocolate! What a delicious combination, and perfect for fall!
As several of you requested, I’m sharing my healthy variations to Crystal’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. These were a big hit yesterday morning when I served them in our marriage class.
If you’d like to read more about how I adapt a recipe to make it healthier, check out this post. You’ll find a free, downloadable recipe conversion sheet which you can tack onto your refrigerator to reference when you need to convert a recipe.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
(adapted from MoneySavingMom)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (I used freshly ground hard white wheat)
- ½ cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin (or one 16 ounce can)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and oil.
- Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 16-22 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.
These are easy to put together and make your house smell just like the fall season is supposed to smell. Pumpkin and cinnamon smell awesome. Plus, adding chocolate to a muffin never, ever hurts my feelings. :)
Want more pumpkin recipes?
- Overnight Pumpkin Spice French Toast Casserole (Such a wonderful recipe to put together at night, then bake and serve to guests in the morning!)
- Super Moist Sour Cream Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Roll-Out Cookies (Simple and sweet, one of my favorites!)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Donuts (I make these all year round as an excuse to feed my kids a vegetable for breakfast.)
- Warm Pumpkin Custard (Oh yes, you should drink your pumpkin.)
- Simple Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie Squares (Such a fun combination of two holiday favorites.)
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (Making life better, one delicious bite at a time.)
- Pumpkin Pie Bars (These are a Thanksgiving tradition at our house.)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins (With chocolate chips on top. Amen.)
- Flourless Pumpkin Muffins (Flourless and fabulous!)