Not that we can’t make a treat like this any day of the year. It’s just that these Peanut Butter Truffles seem best served as a special Valentine’s Day treat. Perhaps we should make a trial batch here in January though? And maybe remind ourselves how to make them sometime next April? Then again in August. All that to say, who am I to tell you when to make these truffles? I totally and completely support your truffle-making choices.
I love how easy these are to make. I love that the only sugar in them is what is already in the chocolate chips. I love the peanut butter-chocolate combo. I love…well, love. So see? These are perfect to make for Valentine’s Day!
Easy 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Truffles
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (I used homemade peanut butter*)
- ⅛ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- In a saucepan stir together chocolate chips, cream, and butter over medium heat.
- Just as the chocolate chips have almost melted, add peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Spread mixture into a pie pan and chill for about two hours.
- Cut and roll mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Dip balls into cocoa powder if you like.
- Place on parchment paper and chill until set.
*I use homemade peanut butter from one of the following recipes:
- Peanut Butter (just peanuts!)
- Peanut Butter (super creamy – like Skippy or Jif)
Roll these truffles in powdered sugar for a fun variety. And place them into holiday colored mini-muffin liners to make them festive!
Here are many more Low Sugar Treats for you to enjoy!
Want more great recipes that call for 5 or fewer ingredients? Grab our most popular eBook!