Make yourself some Potato and Bacon Foil Packs for the grill! You will not be disappointed!
I may have to make this every week of the summer! The flavor is unbelievably good. And of course, these are really easy to make!
I like to prep them in the afternoon while the babies are napping. Then at dinnertime, we throw them on the grill. While they cook, we steam some veggies. And the meal is perfection!
First things first, make yourself a batch of this Ranch Dressing Mix. I like keeping a full jar of this mix in my pantry to use in recipes like this!
Second, consider making a batch of Bacon Bits like this. I love having these ready to grab and use in recipes!
If you’ve got those prepped ahead, you can make these Potato and Bacon Foil Packs super quickly!
Ready to put yours together?
Potato and Bacon Foil Packs on the Grill
- Heavy-duty foil
- 5 pounds baby red potatoes
- ½ pound cut and cooked bacon
- 4 Tablespoons ranch dressing mix (or 1 pouch)
- 1 stick of butter, cut into 12 slabs
- Shredded cheese and sour cream for serving (optional)
- Wash potatoes and slice them into very thin slices.
- Place them in a large bowl.
- Stir in cooked bacon and ranch dressing mix.
- Prepare foild packets using a double layer of foil filled with potato mixture. (I try to make my foil packets thin so they will cook faster on the grill. So I make this recipe into 3 large, flat foil pouches.)
- Top potato mixture with slabs of butter.
- Close pouches securely for the grill.
- Cook pouches on the grill for 15-30 minutes, turning occasionally for even cooking.
- When you can easily poke a fork into the pouches, you'll know the potatoes are thoroughly cooked.
- Pull potato pouches off the grill and serve with cheese and sour cream!
Need more recipes for the grill? Here’s a great list!