Remember these awesome Raspberry Oatmeal Bars? Seeing as they have red raspberries in them, that automatically turns them into a festive holiday recipe option, don’t you think?
Now, keep in mind, any of your favorite fruits and jellies will work in these Oatmeal Bars! Perhaps you’d enjoy making a Cranberry variety for Christmas? We like Raspberry and Apricot best at our house. And if you top them with slivered almonds, you’ve got an extra special treat!
When you look at the recipe, you’ll notice that there’s a lot of butter in these. YES. That’s why they are so delicious!
Festive Raspberry (or Cranberry or Apricot) Oatmeal Bars
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup sucanat or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup melted butter
- ½ cup 100% fruit jam (raspberry, apricot, grape, cranberry, etc)
- Mix together flour, oats, sucanat, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in melted butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Press half of the mixture into an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Spread jam over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining oat mixture on top of the jam layer, pressing down to cover.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds on top if you like!
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Want to mix and match your flavors by using a variety of jellies? I’ve described how to do that here!