Want to learn how to bake strawberry shortcake in the crock pot? It’s an awesome method!
A few weeks ago, I shared how to bake cake in a crock pot. Why would we do this?? After all, it doesn’t save time!
Why it’s nice to know how to bake a cake in the crock pot:
- If it’s hot outside and you want to avoid using the oven, this is a great option!
- If you don’t have an oven for some reason, it’s fun to know that you can still do some baking in non-traditional ways!
Since this worked, I decided to use the same idea and try making my Strawberry Shortcake Recipe in my crock pot. It turned out amazing!!
In goes the batter:
On goes the funky lid set-up:
Two-ish hours later:
After it cools:
After you’ve eaten a good lunch. This is the rule at our house:
Strawberry Shortcake made in a crock pot is just as delicious, if not more delicious, than cake made in an oven. Try this!!
Bake Strawberry Shortcake in the Crock Pot
- 2⅔ cups whole wheat flour (I use freshly ground whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup honey or 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup oil (I use coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 4-5 cups of fresh, sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream (fresh cream whipped to form soft peaks, with a bit of stevia added for sweetness)
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Add in eggs, honey, oil, vanilla and milk.
- Stir well (or mix well with mixer).
- Pour into a well buttered7-8 quart crock pot.
- Lay paper towels to cover the top of the crock.
- Place a wooden spoon between the paper towels and the crock pot lid to allow for venting.
- Cook on Hi for two hours or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once completely cooled, gently work the cake out of the crock with a spatula.
- Allow cake to cool completely. Top with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
I have two crock pots; this one is my favorite. I’m loving the ways we can bake in the crock pot and avoid heating up the house!