We’ve been blessed with tons and tons of fresh strawberries this summer!!! Some of you have been asking what I do with all of them.
This was what we picked the first time.
We went back three more times!!
First…we eat as many fresh ones as we can. There are only a few weeks during the year that we can do this, so we’re not holding back!
Second, I’ve been flash freezing them (shew, I think I’m almost done now!). I have enough in my freezer now to last me the year (at least)!
Third, I cooked some of them down and made a “strawberry spread” of sorts. I didn’t want to add sugar or pectin to make a jam, so I just experimented with straight strawberries. It’s a little tart…but we like it on toast just fine. I only made one small batch of this, because we really just like strawberries fresh or frozen better!
Now…here’s a list of all the other yummy things I like to make with fresh or frozen strawberries…
- Strawberry-peach slushies (our favorite way to eat the strawberries!)
- Strawberry-kefir smoothies
- Strawberry yogurt
- Strawberry-yogurt fruit dip
- Strawberry cheesecake
- Strawberry shortcake
- Strawberries on whole wheat waffles
- Strawberry milkshake
- Strawberries and cream (either whipped or just poured over the berries!)
- Fruit salad
- Strawberry bread (several of you have requested this recipe…I actually don’t have a recipe because my friend made it for us and brought it over. I’ll try to get it for you! And for me!)
- Strawberry ice cream (just crush strawberries in a blender and add to ice cream mix)
- Strawberry rhubarb pie (a great recipe in the FREE pie ebook!)
What am I forgetting here? What are some of your favorite ways to eat strawberries?! Besides just…you know…eating them.
This post is linked to Tammy’s Recipes.