I don’t know why I don’t do these random posts more often. Random is often how I think and have conversations. Sometimes I wonder how people (on and offline) can keep up with me. Brace yourselves. Here we go:
- One night last week when I was tucking the boys into bed I looked around at the mess that is their bedroom and had to ask myself, “Why in the world is there a sucked-on lemon wedge sitting on that library book?”
- I really need to re-paint my toenails but I have no idea when I’ll ever get around to it. I think that by the time I have a free minute, it will be winter and I’ll be wearing socks anyway.
- Today, my friend gave birth to TWINS!! A boy and a girl. The doctor had estimated that the twins were going to be eight pounds each…but they were each just under seven pounds. STILL. I’m so proud of her. Good job Melissa!!!!
- We’re really enjoying the okra we’re getting from our garden. Anyone else out there like okra?
- Speaking of garden…my tomato plants are looking pitiful. I’m getting some tomatoes, but you’d think with 23 plants I’d be overloaded. Not so. I’m mooching tomatoes from anyone who has extra so that I’ll have enough to make and can sauce this year. I’m bummed about my plants, but thankful that God is providing through others.
- Remember how I talked about my friend who is staying with me this week? May I just reiterate how lovely it is to have another female in my home with me if only for a few days? Last night while I was putting the kids to bed (Matt was at a meeting) she noticed the stuff all over the living room and picked it all up. I live with a bunch of people who don’t SEE things that need to be picked up. They will step over it and trip over it and get a bloody nose by it without ever seeing it or thinking that it should be picked up and put away. But she saw things. And picked it all up. I love her.
- A few days ago, Malachi took a battery operated action figure toy into the bathtub with him. After getting wet, that toy is now acting possessed. It has pretty much been talking non-stop since it’s unfortunate dunking. It found it’s way into a pile of clothes in the bathroom and last night while switching laundry, I accidentally stepped on it. In response to being stepped on it said (I kid you not), “You want a piece of me?” Of course I answered it with a confident, “Bring it on”. Matt watched the whole woman-to-toy interchange and just shook his head. It must be fun living with possessed toys and a crazy wife. I think it’s time for that toy to go. At least the wife gets to stay.
Feel free to add a random thought of your own…