The best games to get your family for Christmas? You knew this was coming. After all, it’s a holiday tradition. I share all the games our family loves. You share all the games your family loves. We all get new ideas for games we might want to get our families for Christmas!
This year will bring back some old favorites for our family now that we have a 4-year old living with us. Candyland anyone? You betcha!
The best games to get your family for Christmas:
Family Games for Little Ones and Adults
- Spot It!
- Hungry Hippos
- Don’t Break the Ice
- HiHo Cherry-O
- Uno Attack
Family Games for Bigger Kids and Adults
- 5-Second Rule
- Connect Four
- The Game of Things (Great fun for a group!)
- Settlers of Catan (With extentions, which you’ll need if you have more than 4 players.)
- Settlers of Catan Cities and Knights (This is an expansion of Settlers of Catan. This is our favorite add-on to regular Setters.)
- Seafarers of Catan (Also an expansion of Settlers.)
- Ticket to Ride
- Bohnanza (This one is unique. Great for older kids and adults. We love this one!)
- Blink (A great stocking stuffer!)
- Apples to Apple Junior (This is probably our favorite group game. We don’t recommend the regular version of this game because the cards are less familiar to the kids.)
- Boggle (This game totally counts as school work, but no one knows they’re learning.)
- Quelf (I’ve actually decided that I very much dislike this one. The kids like it though.)
- Pass the Pigs
- Huskerdu (great for younger kids – still fun for adults)
- Skipbo (We’ve played hours of this game through the years!)
- Wits and Wagers
- Anomia (One of my new favorites!)
- Castle Panic
- Mars Attack
Your turn to weigh in! What are your favorite family games?
Fields of Green
We’ve really been loving cooperative games lately. Our two current favorites are “Forbidden Island” and “Flashpoint.” Forbidden Island is a bit simpler, so it’s easier for kids to play along (my four year old loves it, even if he doesn’t quite get all the strategy)- but still super fun to play with your spouse on date night. The replay factor is awesome, because every time you play you get a different setup and different player capabilities. I highly recommend it!
Love your blog. Love your game list. My son has 3 children and they love to play card games. Their favorite are “Monopoly Deal” and “Cover your Assets”. Do you know of any other similar games? They also have Uno.
Try Deer in the Headlights for a fun card game :)
Triominos is a big favorite in our house!
Also, Deer in the Headlights for a portable fun game. Qwixx and Dragonwood are also fun family games.