In case you are wondering, these Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups truly are the best. I didn’t just make that up. It’s a proven fact.
Who am I kidding? I rarely eat sugar so I only see and smell these gems when I make them for my family or for guests. But I remember the deliciousness and therefore, I taste them in my mind. (For the record, when I smell something wonderful I feel as though I’ve tasted it. Am I the only weird one? Who can relate?)
Ultimately, you can take any of your favorite cookie recipes and bake them in a muffin cup for a fun cookie twist. But my family has declared THIS Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe to be the best, and who am I to argue?
Scoop your cookie dough (with a large scoop like this one) into a prepared muffin cup. Bake and be happy. Eat and be happier. (Or just smell them and be happy. That works too.)
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups whole grain flour, more or less as needed (I use freshly ground soft white wheat)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour until well combined (tweaking the amount as needed depending on the flour you are using)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop to add dough to 24 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until cookie cups are golden brown.
There’s something about baking these cookies into a muffin cup that makes them extra chewy and good. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups are awesome for packing in a lunch box or taking on the road! Make these ahead and freeze them for easy access to a great dessert when you need one.
While this recipe is made with real butter (yay!) and whole grain (hooray!), it isn’t low in sugar, so don’t go too crazy. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups were meant to be shared!
Want to really have fun (while you’re sharing, that is)? Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of these cookie cups when they first come out of the oven. Of course then the high sugar dessert becomes an even higher sugar dessert. But wow, so good.
Leave a Reply