I love sharing our favorite games!
It’s much trickier now to find time to play games as a family – mostly because we have a lot of little ones who like to put game pieces into their mouths. But whenever we can, we like to pull out a game to play with our 6 and 7-year-olds. And once all six little ones are put down for the night, we can get out some of the more detailed games for the grown-ups!
In case you’re looking at games to enjoy during the holidays with your family, we wanted to share these lists again. We’ve added new ones too!
Favorite Games List
Family Games Little Ones Enjoy
- Hoot Owl Hoot (my favorite to play with the kids!)
- Pop the Pig
- Spot It!
- Hungry Hippos
- Don’t Break the Ice
- HiHo Cherry-O
- Uno Attack
- Pass the Pigs
- Huskerdu (great for younger kids – still fun for adults)
Family Games for Bigger Kids and Adults
- 5-Second Rule
- Connect Four
- The Game of Things (Great fun for a group!)
- Settlers of Catan (With extentions, which you’ll need if you have more than 4 players.)
- Settlers of Catan Cities and Knights (This is an expansion of Settlers of Catan. This is our favorite add-on to regular Setters.)
- Seafarers of Catan (Also an expansion of Settlers.)
- Ticket to Ride
- Bohnanza (This one is unique. Great for older kids and adults. We love this one!)
- Blink (A great stocking stuffer!)
- Apples to Apple Junior (This is probably our favorite group game. We don’t recommend the regular version of this game because the cards are less familiar to the kids.)
- Boggle (This game totally counts as school work, but no one knows they’re learning.)
- Quelf (I’ve actually decided that I very much dislike this one. The kids like it though.)
- Skipbo (We’ve played hours of this game through the years!)
- Wits and Wagers
- Anomia (One of my new favorites!)
- Castle Panic
- Mars Attack
Your turn to weigh in! What are your favorite family games?