You are going to love this Parmesan Chicken and Rice recipe. It’s so easy and flavorful, and can be made for just $1.00 per person!
You realize that this means that your entire dinner for four people only costs $4.00? Throw in a steamed veggie and a salad and you’re up to maybe $6.00, total, for a super-amazing, delicious, wholesome meal that nourishes.
My intent with this series is to encourage all of us. Grocery prices can look discouraging right now, but I’m finding that it really is possible to keep our costs low while still eating well.
This meal idea comes on the tail of this Whole Chicken Recipe in which we cooked a chicken with the goal of making three meals with it.
- Whole Chicken with Potato Wedges
- Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- Creamy Potato Soup (made with broth from the chicken we cooked as described here)
Today, we’ll share how you can take the “leftovers” from the Whole Chicken you made that you saved for this meal. You’ll make rice as detailed below, then you’ll stir in the leftover chicken. This is so delicious and easy.
Parmesan Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- Sea salt to taste
- Leftover baked chicken cut into bites
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or fresh garlic)
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Stir rice, broth, onion, and salt into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake for one hour in a 350 degree oven.
- Stir in cooked chicken and garlic and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and serve.
The rice cooked in broth with onion and salt makes this taste extra good. Now use those bones from the chicken to make broth. Then you can make Creamy Potato Soup too!
Did you get these yet?
All month long we are working our way through 30 Days of Dollar Dinners. Get the calendar filled with 30 dollar meal ideas, plus all these resources too. They are free and will hopefully save you a lot of money at the store!