Make this turkey sausage recipe even easier by creating a jar of seasonings for this sausage. Learn how!
We LOVE ham and sausage at our house, but from what I read, pork is not the best for you. We do eat bacon from time to time, but this Turkey Sausage is a delicious alternative to pork. It’s easy and it tastes great!
See? It looks like sausage and everything?! My family devours this sausage.
Homemade Turkey Sausage
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 Tablespoon minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg (optional)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Chill for about an hour. (If you forget to chill this ahead of time...it cooks up okay anyway!)
- Form into patties.
- Saute in butter.
You’ll find more recipes like this in my ebook: Think Breakfast…Outside of the Box or in my “actual book” Oh, For Real: Real Food, Real Family, Real Easy.
What can you do with this Turkey Sausage? Here are our favorite ways to use this:
- Just eat it. Turkey Sausage Patties are pretty great as a breakfast meat along with eggs, pancakes, or muffins.
- Homemade Sausage Gravy is amazing. I like to make a huge batch of this sausage, then freeze it browned and crumbled in 1-pound meal-sized portions. Then I just pull it out and quickly make gravy. Of course, we eat this gravy over biscuits. This means that you also need my Quick Mix Biscuits recipe.
- Turkey Sausage and Red Bean Stew is a wonderful comfort food – made easier if you have this sausage made ahead of time.
- Sometimes I use this sausage in my Spicy Mac and Cheese recipe.