Ready to see a giant list of the BEST toys that are worth buying for your kids?
We never know the changes one year might bring. This time last year, I shared this “Timeless Toys You’ll Want to Keep Forever” list. I began that post by talking about how my four sons were all grown up and I was looking ahead to the empty nest years and eventual grandchildren.
Then God reminded me in a very big way that our plans are
not always hardly ever His plans. God brought us a 4-year old foster son in April 2018, as well as several babies to care for here and there. This Christmas, our house is filled with a bit more wonder and awe as we are all enjoying the season with our newest little bonus boy. Wow, wow, wow. What a God we serve!
True to the original post shared, there are some toys that are of the highest quality and that are worth buying and saving forever. We proved that this year as we pulled out the few golden toys we’ve saved for 20 years so that our new kiddo could enjoy them. It’s been such a joy to see him play with toys the older four brothers played with for so long!
The BEST Toys That Are Worth Buying and Saving
- Lincoln Logs
- Tinker Toys
- Wooden Building Blocks
Cars and Trucks and Toys that Go
- Green Toys (I think these are fabulous!)
- Hot Wheels
- Wooden Train Set
Puzzles of Good Quality
- Wooden Puzzles with Peg Handles
- Melissa and Doug Wooden Puzzles
- Melissa and Doug large floor puzzles
Click over to look at our great big list of family Board Games! But for younger kids, we recommend:
- Hi-Ho Cherry-O
- Candy Land
- Memory Game
- Connect Four
- Uno Attack
- Spot It!
- Apples to Apple Junior
- Pass the Pigs
- Huskerdu (great for younger kids – still fun for adults)
Dolls and Accessories
- Lottie Dolls and Accessories
- Melissa and Doug Dolls and Accessories
Toy Sorters and Stacking Cups
- Green Toy Versions
- Fischer Price Stacking Cups (I remember my babies playing with these over and over!)
- Melissa and Doug Wooden Sorting Toy
- Playgro Rock and Stack Toy
- Melissa and Doug Wooden Pounding Bench
- Learning Resources New Sprouts Fix It Tool Set (the cutest!!)
- Fischer Price Drillin Action Tool Set
- Little Tikes Tough Workshop
Toy Cash Register
- Boley Kids Toy Cash Register
- Fischer Price Cash Register (a classic!)
- Learning Resources Cash Register
Fischer Price Little People
Check out the huge variety of toys and play sets!
Little People Toys and Play Sets
Play Kitchen with Toy Food and Dishes
- Melissa and Doug Wooden Play Kitchen
- Melissa and Doug Wooden Food Pieces
- Melissa and Doug Kitchen Accessories (Pots, Pans, Dishes)
- Green Toys Cooking and Dining Set
- Green Toys Tea Set
- Green Toys Pizza Parlor
- Learning Resources Dinner Food Basket
What are some of your family’s favorite toys that you plan to hold onto forever?
Want to get a toy for free?!
TopCashBack is currently offering new members $15 off a $15 or more toy purchase. This means you can get a toy for free!
Note: I’ve been a TopCashBack member for years and trust their offers. :)
Here’s how it works:
2. Look around and make a toy purchase valued at $15 or higher. Choose in-store pickup to avoid shipping costs.
4. Within 21 days, your Top Cash Back account will receive a $15 credit. This pays you back for your purchase!
5. After you receive the $15 payment in your Top Cash Back account, you can choose to transfer it to your bank account or request a Paypal payment.
Isn’t that cool? It’s really easy to take advantage of this offer. Simply open an account, confirm, shop, pick up your free toy at your local Walmart, then watch for the money to be reimbursed to your account!
This offer is for new TopCashBack members only, but they do allow you to open an account for multiple family members.
This offer expires November 2, 2022.