Who loves a Cheesecake Factory BLT Chopped Salad more than cheesecake???? This girl. I’ve only been there a few times, but I found a salad there that I love soooo much. This begs the question: A salad? At cheesecake factory? Why?
See, here’s the thing. When one goes to the Cheesecake Factory, one wants to enjoy the cheesecake right? Therefore, eating a salad as a meal preceding the cheesecake makes perfect sense. One must save room for the cheesecake! That is how I discovered this salad. Or a salad much like this.
I believe the salad I ordered at Cheesecake Factory had chopped apples and some chicken in it too (but it’s been about a year since I’ve been there so I can’t remember all the specifics). Add those to this if you like. All I know is that this salad is so good that our family devoured a huge bowl of it – two days in a row. And I want to make it again tomorrow.
Helpful hint: Want to get your kids to like salad? Add BACON.
BLT Chopped Salad with Feta Cheese
- 6 cups chopped mixed greens, lettuce, or spinach (any combination you like)
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- ½ pound bacon, cut into bites, cooked, and drained
- 1-2 cups sweet corn, cooked and cooled
- 1-2 chopped avocado
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one lime (about 2 Tablespoons)
- salt and pepper to taste (I put in a few shakes of each)
- Toss salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small jar, shake together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Serve right away!
This is a perfect spring or summertime meal. I think I could eat this every day. And believe it or not, I don’t even have to have cheesecake afterward. :)
I can’t tell you how delicious and flavorful this is. You MUST try it. Every bite is delicious.
What’s your favorite thing to get at Cheesecake Factory?