This Quick Crock Pot Spicy Pasta Dinner came about on a day I was cleaning out leftovers. Therefore, this recipe is a winner that happened by accident!
Have you made my Cream Cheese Salsa Dip? It’s incredible, super easy, and our entire family loves it!
However, one of the recent times I made the dip, it somehow got shoved to the back of the fridge and forgotten. I’d just gotten back from a big grocery run, so I was in major “make lunch with whatever food I find tucked away” so that I could make room for all the fresh food.
And there I found Cream Cheese Salsa Dip.
Aha, thought I. This is going to somehow turn into our lunch.
I was just about ready to take our littles out for a long walk, so I dumped some pasta and this dip into the crock pot to see what would happen while we were gone. Sure enough, the results were just like I’d imagined. The pasta was soft and ready to eat in just three hours without any effort from me! I added a shot of cream and stirred in some cooked meat, and we had our meal!
Here’s the easy recipe:
Quick Crock Pot Spicy Pasta Dinner
- 10-ounces uncooked pasta, any variety
- 8-ounces softened cream cheese
- 32-ounces salsa
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound cubed ham or cooked hamburger meat (optional)
- Empty package of uncooked pasta into a crock pot.
- In a blender, whip together cream cheese and salsa until smooth.
- Pour salsa mixture over the pasta in the crock pot.
- Cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream and meat if desired.
Using up leftovers to create new meals is one of my favorite ways to be efficient in the kitchen!