If I thought I couldn’t keep up before with all that must be done each day, somehow I am finding it even harder now that our lives are so full of teenage activities. Throw in the fact that our oldest is a senior, and all that goes along with making decisions for next year, applying for scholarships, and taking college level classes. I officially surrender. I am beat.
Except that I’m not, because God is in control (not me!), my family is awesome, and if all else fails, I can buy a pizza.
If you haven’t already, or if you need a reminder about what’s really important,
you should read this post.
This weekend, I find myself with only one kid at home (the rest are enjoying time with Christian friends at a youth rally). No school to teach, barely anyone to feed – I will be using this time to catch up and try to prepare for next week! I’m thankful God is giving me this little window of “down time.” Next weekend, basketball travel begins, then Thanksgiving, then more games, then Christmas…
We have much to be thankful for! Life is never boring, and what would we do without these amazing kids who keep us so busy? (Sleep, maybe? No, no. That was rhetorical.)
I’m writing down my weekend plan here to share with you. On Sunday, I’ll try to share an update on what I’ve accomplished.
Friday after school is (mostly) wrapped up:
- Grocery shop to stock up on fresh produce for this week, plus to get remaining food needed to feed 30 teens at Sunday Night Huddle
- Finish the Menu Planning Notebook – and upload it to my Shop – finally!
- Make Chicken Broth
- Clean out the fridge (wow, does it ever need to be wiped out!)
- Enjoy one-on-one time with Malachi, the lone child at home this weekend
- Make Coconut Fudge Bars to have on hand for snacking
- Make 2 Creamy Chicken and Rice Casseroles – one to eat next week, and one for the freezer
- Make a big batch of Chili
Doing those tasks, along with getting some writing done and maybe tackling my email inbox (yikes!) should help me keep my head above water next week.
How about you? What will you be doing this weekend?