Are you planning to travel this summer? Here are some great tips for how to pack snacks and meals to take on the road!
Yes, sometimes we eat out when we’re traveling. But here are some great ideas that we’ve used through the years to save lots of travel money. It goes without saying that we feel a lot better when we do this because we’re eating more wholesome foods!
How to Pack Snacks and Meals to Take on the Road
This picture shows an example of food we packed for a road trip a few years ago. Here are the specifics. We used jars, baggies, and lidded containers to keep our food safe:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- Turkey Sandwiches
- Chef Salads with Homemade Ranch and cooked shredded chicken
- Homemade Pizzas (that we ate cold)
- Breakfast Sandwiches that we heated and ate during our first stretch of the trip
- Sliced cucumbers, sweet peppers, and kiwi
- Summer Sausage and Sliced Cheese (protein in case hotel breakfasts are all empty carbs)
- Peanuts, Cashews, Crackers, Blueberries, Applesauce, Peach Cups, Pear Cups, Clementines
Here’s another example from a different road trip:
This trip included:
- Breakfast Burritos
- Chef Salads
- Homemade Applesauce Cups
- Peach/Pear cups
- Sliced Sweet Peppers
- Blueberry Muffins
- Granola Bites (I’m working on this recipe for you)
- A Jar of Homemade Ranch for the Salads
- A Jar of Pineapple Fluff for Mom
- Coffee Mocha (it pays to save bottles to reuse for fun drinks!)
- Homemade Gatorade
- Peanuts and Cashews
And how about these fun ideas:
- Burritos (either breakfast, meat and cheese or bean and cheese)
- Quesadillas (just cheese or cheese with chicken)
- Pasta Salad
- Tuna Salad with Crackers
- Muffins like Corn Dog Muffins or Sloppy Corn Bread Muffins
Always fruits and veggies!
Apples, carrots, clementines, and containers of berries travel well. These are so refreshing to snack on in the car!
What are your favorite meals and snacks to take on the road when you travel?