Ready to discover great Back to School Lunch ideas that you can make and pack in jars? It’s time to get your supplies ready!
Why pack lunches in jars? Let me count the reasons:
- Packing lunches in jars means you can make great food ahead of time, then grab it from the fridge and take it in a hurry.
- Jars protect food from becoming smashed in a lunch box.
- Jars are see-through, so you can discover your options with a quick glance in the fridge.
- Glass is safe for food storage, so you don’t have to worry about dangerous plastics.
- Jars are reusable, so you’ll save all kinds of money in the long run.
- You can purchase jars in all sizes, giving many options to put together a perfect lunch box!
I think it goes without saying that jars are cute and beautiful and pretty and delightful. Indeed, I really love jars. :)
Back to School Lunch in a Jar: Supplies You’ll Need
I have jars in a variety of sizes, which comes in very handy depending on whether I’m packing tiny jars with dips for veggies or bigger jars full of soup. Here are my top suggestions for jars to use to pack lunches:
These 8-ounce jars (with regular lids) are short and squat-y. They are wonderful for packing sliced fruit, homemade pudding, cooked meat chunks, and much more.
I LOVE these tiny 4-ounce jars for packing fruit or veggie dips!
It’s hard to tell the size in the picture below, but these 16-ounce wide mouth jars are a favorite for packing main dish items and salads in lunch boxes.
Wide mouth jars make eating directly out of the jar so much easier! They are also easier to clean. I have a set of these 8-ounce wide mouth jars and use them all the time for packing fruit salads and other side dishes.
My favorite, favorite (because obviously I can’t decide which jars are my favorite) are these 8-ounce wide mouth jars. They are so handy for packing, well, just about any side dish item in a lunch box.
For both wide mouth and regular jars, I keep a supply of these plastic lids. They are the best! Check out wide mouth plastic lids and regular plastic lids.
Some of these links are my affiliate links.