My first attempt at creating Low Sugar Peanut Butter Brownies actually turned out too sweet! This was shocking seeing as I had cut the sugar down tremendously from the original recipe I had found to give me the inspiration. I cut it down even more and voila. Peanut Butter Brownie perfection!
I love that cutting down sugar in recipes still turns out awesome treats. These are as simple as can be, perfectly moist (as long as you don’t overbake them), and made even more fabulous because of the peanut butter whipped frosting we spread over the top.
Make yourself a batch, pour yourself a glass of milk, sit back, and enjoy!
Easy Low Sugar Peanut Butter Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup natural peanut butter*
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or sucanat
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (leave this out if your peanut butter is already salted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole grain flour (I use freshly ground soft white wheat)
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 2 teaspoons sugar or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and peanut butter until melted.
- Stir together melted butters and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt and eggs, mixing well.
- Fold in flour and stir until well combined.
- Spread batter into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until brownies are lightly browned.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before frosting.
- In a high power blender, or in a bowl with a hand mixer, whip frosting ingredients together until thick and smooth.
- Spread over Peanut Butter Brownies.
- Store in the refrigerator.
*I use homemade peanut butter from one of the following recipes:
- Peanut Butter (just peanuts!)
- Peanut Butter (super creamy – like Skippy or Jif)
Here are many more Low Sugar Treats for you to enjoy!
Thanks so much!!! I’m going to certainly make these this week! It’s not easy to change a recipe to remove sugar! I tried it on a lemon loaf cake and it didn’t rise or brown! It was pretty gross lol.