You know I like setting up different varieties of “Build Your Own” bars. This cuts down on my work and let’s everyone build their dish to their liking. Other ideas I’ve shared here:
- Build a Brownie Sundae Bar
- Build a Fruit Salad Bar
- Build a Pasta Salad Bar
- Build a Breakfast Burrito Bar
- Build an Iced Coffee Bar
- Build a Burrito Bar
Today’s idea is quite simple, and great for a busy school morning. In fact, this would even work as a “breakfast on the go” option by simply building your yogurt parfait in a plastic cup or glass jar and eating it on the way out the door.
Great options to set out for a Build Your Own Yogurt Parfait Bar
- Containers of your family’s favorite yogurt
- Stevia, maple syrup, or honey if you haven’t already sweetened the yogurt
- A variety of fresh berries or peaches (make the process faster in the morning by cutting the fruit ahead of time)
- Dried fruit options
- Coconut Flakes
- Cinnamon Sugar Pecans or other nuts or seeds your family enjoys
- Dark Chocolate Almond Granola, Regular Granola, or Grape Nuts Cereal
Want to save even more time? Make this 5-Minute Stop-Top Granola!
Your options are only limited by your imagination. And the ways to save money are great. For instance:
- Typically it is less expensive to purchase larger tubs of yogurt instead of individual cups.
- If you buy whole milk plain yogurt, you can add any sweetener you like and make it for your sweetness preference.
- You can make Homemade Yogurt.
- Offer berries and other fruit that is in season and thus less expensive.
- Make your own granola as a stir-in option using one of the recipes above. (Pre-made, boxed granola can be very expensive!)
Did you see all 60 of these great Make-Ahead Breakfast ideas? We will survive busy school mornings, we will!