If I told you that these Super Soft Chocolate Cookies taste a little bit like an Oreo, would that make you want to try them?
The good news is that they won’t make your teeth all Oreo-y like Oreos do. (Don’t try and picture it. Oh wait, you just did.)
And of course, these are made with real food ingredients and I don’t know what Oreos are made with. So these Super Soft Chocolate Cookies are a win in every way!
My kids found that they like turning them into actual Oreos by frosting them. Well, I guess they’re still not actual Oreos because they are my homemade, real food version. But with the frosting, they taste almost exactly like an actual Oreo.
Tell me I haven’t made you all want to eat Oreos now?!
Just make these cookies, and your craving will subside. They stir up quickly and bake in 10 minutes. So you can have your Oreos – um, Super Soft Chocolate Cookies – in less time than it takes to go to the store to buy purchased cookies!
Super Soft Chocolate Cookies
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup raw sugar or brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾-1 cup whole grain flour (I use freshly ground soft white wheat)
- Cream butter, sugar, and cocoa together in a bowl.
- Add baking soda, vanilla, and egg - stirring until well combined.
- Add flour and mix well. (Start with ¾ cup then add more if needed.)
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes until cookies are barely set.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow the cookies to stay on the pan for at least 10 minutes so they will firm up.
What’s on your holiday baking list this year?
Do yourself a favor and order any of the Cocoa Powders, Chocolate Chips, or Chocolate Chunks from Olive Nation. (And use the code home to get 20% off!) I can’t tell you what a wonderful difference these cocoa powders and chocolate chips have made in my chocolate recipes. The quality is MUCH better, and they do not cost more than I was spending on the lesser varieties.