My Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe has been a family favorite at our house for years and years. One day I decided to make them extra special by subbing regular chocolate chips for white chocolate chips. It’s a simple, genius idea, taking these muffins from something special to something even more special! Ahh, life’s simple pleasures. Get ready to give these Easy White Chocolate Chip Muffins a try!
Not all white chocolate chips are created equal. Some are full of hydrogenated oils, so I avoid those. Allllll of them are full of sugar. That’s what makes them taste good. That and the cocoa butter. Therefore, just don’t eat the whole batch of muffins by yourself and all will be well! :)
I like to order my White Chocolate Chips in bulk from Olive Nation. (By the way, use the code home and they’ll give us a 20% discount!) The white chocolate chips freeze well, so I keep them on hand and pull them out to use as needed. (Yes, because white chocolate is apparently a need. It ranks up there with coffee and other essentials.)
Easy White Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups Muffin Mix** or...
- 1½ cups whole grain flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or sucanat
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Scoop Muffin Mix or measure dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add egg, sour cream, milk, and melted coconut oil, stirring until ingredients are combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into 12 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
**Do you have our Simple Mixes to Save the Day eBook yet? Grab it so you can save time and energy by using the Muffin Mix for this recipe!! I LOVE having these mixes on hand!!!
Be sure to grab white chocolate chips from Olive Nation and take advantage of the 20% discount they offer! (Use the code home at checkout for the discount.) And while you’re there, pick up some of their cocoa powder to go in these muffins. It is so good!!
Some of these links are my affiliate links.