Want a Vanilla Pudding Recipe that you can make from scratch? But you’re afraid it will be too difficult? Check this out!
We shared this recipe years ago here at Heavenly Homemakers. But as delicious and simple as it is, I felt it was worth another share. A tried and true recipe like this one that we’ve made at our house for years and years is worth a repeat!
Homemade Vanilla Pudding is fantastic comfort food, and with its eggs and milk, it also offers nourishment. Eat it warm right off the stove, or let it chill so you can eat it cold.
Want to take it to go?
Check out our fun post that describes How to Make Your Own Pudding Cups!
Homemade Vanilla Pudding Recipe
- 2½ cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼-1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 4 Tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, egg yolks, maple syrup, arrowroot powder, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking/stirring CONSTANTLY until pudding begins to thicken.
- Stir over the heat for about 15 more seconds.
- Remove immediately from the heat, and continue to stir until pudding is creamy.
- Add vanilla and continue to stir until mixed.
- Pour into serving dishes and serve warm, or chill for two hours and serve cold.
Want your pudding more or less sweet? Adjust the amount of maple syrup in the recipe to your family’s preference!
It goes without saying that topping your Homemade Vanilla Pudding with fresh fruit it an additional wonderful and nourishing idea.
Want more homemade pudding recipes?
I’ll be updating our Chocolate Pudding Recipe next. And stay tuned for an awesome Pudding Parfait in a Jar idea coming soon too!