This month we’re talking about lunches that can be packed in jars to take on the road, to work, or to school. We’re about to get creative. Whose ready to pack some Popcorn Chicken with Ranch Dip?
Silly me. I forgot to pack the chicken in a jar the day I took these pictures. I grabbed a baggie instead. The ranch dip though? Well, it went into one of my favorite little 4-ounce jars. These jars are perfect for transporting dips and dressings!
—-> Did you see the fun list of supplies and jars I recommend for packing lunches? <—–
Here’s the thing about fried chicken: It’s good hot or cold. Therefore, we can make a big batch of Popcorn Chicken, separate it in jars or baggies to send in lunches to be eaten with dip. What a fun lunch!
Our Favorite Dips to Pack in Lunches
These dips can also be made ahead in big batches, then packaged in jars to grab and go. I love how easy this is!
You might remember Popcorn Chicken – one of the first recipes I shared here long ago. I’ll post it for you again here for easy access!
Simple Popcorn Chicken with Ranch
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ¾ cup whole grain flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, salt and garlic powder.
- Using kitchen shears, cut chicken breasts into tiny bite sized pieces.
- Toss chicken in flour mixture to coat well.
- Smear a thick layer of butter on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour coated chicken into dish, spreading so that they are in a single layer.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Stir chicken and bake another 10 minutes.
Need your chicken to be gluten free? Use your favorite gluten free flour. (I’ve made these successfully with Brown Rice Flour.)
Need Popcorn Chicken in large amounts (how well I understand!)? Double, triple, and quadruple this recipe without problem.
Want to really get ahead? Make this Popcorn Chicken in huge batches and freeze them. This will make packing lunches so easy!
Great add-ins to your Popcorn Chicken with Ranch Lunch
- Carrot Sticks
- Bread and Butter
- Quick Bread in a Jar
We’ve got 10 super fun Lunch in a Jar ideas to share this month – perfect for your Back to School lunchbox! Subscribe here so you won’t miss a post!
Some of these links are my affiliate links.
Leave a Reply