Ready to learn how to make homemade Larabars?
Ever since I got to try some Larabars for a review back in March, I’ve been hooked. They are amazingly yummy, incredibly healthy and what do you know…they are gluten free!
I’m amazed that they contain so few ingredients…my favorite Cashew Cookie bar is made of only dates and cashews…that’s IT. And it really does taste like a cookie. Only better. :)
Since doing that review, I’ve done two things regarding Larabars:
1) I used some of my Swagbuck earnings to order more from Amazon. I wanted to have these awesome snacks on hand for grab and go moments. They have come in very handy!
2) I used Katie’s Healthy Snacks to Go eBook to make my own.
You have GOT to try your hand at Homemade Larabars.
I can’t believe how easy they are, and the homemade bars taste even better (because homemade always tastes better, right?)!
Malachi is not a big fan of nuts in any form, mostly because he really just hasn’t given them a chance. :) This has been a challenge during our Gluten Free Experiment because I would really like to be able to feed him nuts as a snack. So…I didn’t call these Larabars. I told him that these were a “gluten free bar” that I had made. He didn’t ask what was in them. I didn’t tell. He saw the chocolate chips. That’s all he needed to know. :)
He gobbled one right up, exclaiming over and over how good it was. (yay!) I think we may be going through a lot of nuts and dates while I continue to “play” in the kitchen. :)
Regarding nuts, be sure to check out Braga Farms as a wonderful source for organic nuts! Braga Farms is a fabulous family farm to purchase organic nuts from. You can not beat their quality or their prices! I just placed an order and I can’t wait to get my great box of organic nuts!
Ever tried making your own Larabars? I think we’ve decided to call our homemade bars “Mamabars”. And wow, there’s only one left so I’m going to have to make another batch! :)
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 8 dates (remove pits)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup add ins like mini chocolate chips, dried fruit, or fresh fruit like blueberries (optional)
- Grind cashews in a food processor until fine.
- Slowly add dates, vanilla, and water and pulse until the mixture forms a dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips or fruit.
- Press mixture into a parchment paper-lined 8x8 inch pan.
- Refrigerate for about one hour.
- Cut into 12 bars.
Need more healthy snack ideas? You’ll love this wonderful and helpful eBook full of 227 Healthy Snack ideas and recipes!