I ate this Spicy Chicken Cheese Dip at a friend’s house recently and fell completely in love with its flavor!
Therefore, I came home and promptly made a big batch for my family the very next day. It’s ridiculously easy to make – especially if you have chicken already cooked and on hand to stir into this dip. (If not, simply cook 3 boneless chicken thighs or breasts in a pan on the stovetop for several minutes in a little water until it is no longer pink and shreds easily.)
Here’s where I confess to you that ever since we started taking in foster kids, I’ve started compromising more in the kitchen. But you already knew that. What you probably didn’t know is that I often now keep this canned chicken on hand in my pantry to use quickly in a pinch. I don’t even feel bad about it because God is bigger than free ranged chicken – and also chicken in a can.
So indeed, if you have canned chicken, drain a couple cans and throw it into this dip. Easy, delicious, and dinner is on the table super quickly!
Simple Chicken Cheese Dip
- 16-ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup hot sauce (your favorite)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese (we use Colby jack)
- Tortilla chips
- In a blender or with a hand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, hot sauce, and ranch dressing until smooth.
- Fold in shredded, cooked chicken.
- Spread mixture into a 9x13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10-15 mintues or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If you want, you can throw this dip into a crock pot to take to potlucks or parties. Make as directed, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 2-3 hours.
Want more Simple Real Food Recipes? We’ve got a beautiful cookbook full of them!