Here’s Taco Soup for a Crowd – an easy way to feed a lot of people!
What actually is a “Crowd?”
First question: What is considered to be a “crowd” anyway? I’m not sure how to define this.
We currently have 16 people living at our house and we often have guests. So pretty much every meal at our house “feeds a crowd” I suppose. :)
For the purpose of this post, we’ll understand the word “crowd” to be: If you’re feeding a lot of people (any number will do) and want to make it easy, here’s what to make.
Sound like a plan?! :)
Taco Soup for a Crowd
This soup is very easy to put together and can be made with either cooked chicken or hamburger meat. When making this for a large crowd, I like to make one crock pot with chicken and one crock pot with hamburger. This helps stretch the meal plus gives everyone the option of choosing their favorite meat.
If you have hamburger meat and chicken cooked ahead of time, then truly all you have to do is put it into crock pots, then dump in a few ingredients and that’s it!
- 2 pounds cooked ground beef or shredded chicken
- 32-ounces salsa (any variety)
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans
- 32-ounces (1 quart) chicken or beef broth
- Shredded cheese, sour cream, and fritos for toppings
- Put all ingredients (except for toppings) into a crock pot.
- If you're making this soup for more than 15 people, consider making two separate recipes in two different crock pots.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on Hi for 4 hours.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and Fritos
You will love how easy this Taco Soup is – and it is a crowd pleaser for sure!
Fun Side Dishes to Serve with Taco Soup
- Fresh fruit like Clementines or Grapes
- Apple Slices with Cream Cheese Apple Dip
- Sliced Cucumbers and Carrot Sticks with Italian Veggie Dip
- Pineapple Fluff
- Strawberry Fluff
NOTE: This Taco Soup can be made in a large pot on the stove instead of in crock pots if you wish. Simply heat until bubbly and serve!