I turned my breakfast cookie recipe into Breakfast Cookie Cups. This is genius.
Not that Breakfast Cookies aren’t already convenient as a quick grab-and-go breakfast or snack option. But somehow having them in cupcake wrappers and baked in a muffin tin makes them even easier. Maybe they’re less crumbly? I dunno, but I really like them this way!
My kids are loving them, however, for our littlest, I skipped the chocolate chips to avoid extra messes. (How do they end up with chocolate chips melted onto their bottoms every time, I don’t know. So chocolate chip-less Breakfast Cookie Cups for all who are two and under at our house.)
Breakfast Cookie Cups
- 1 cup melted butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins or chocolate chips
- Mix butter, honey, eggs, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and oats.
- Fold in raisins or chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough into paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
I double this recipe every time I make it simply because these freeze well and they are great to have in the freezer to serve as needed.
TIP: Add 1 cup of peanut butter to these if you want to add some protein. No other adjustments necessary.
Here are a few more great ideas for grab-and-go breakfasts:
- Pancake and Sausage Muffins
- Warm Chocolate Soother, Warm Pumpkin Custard, Warm Vanilla Soother in to-go mugs
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- Flourless Brownie Muffins (hearty and great for breakfast!)
- Crustless Cheesecake Cups