Because I am your friend, I am sharing this Delicious Low Sugar Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze just in time for Valentine’s Day. See, you can make this cake any time, any day. But Valentine’s Day is sort of an excuse to eat chocolate. So this cake recipe comes to you just in time!
Does the recipe look familiar? It should. I originally created and shared this recipe a few years ago, baking it in a regular cake pan. It remains my all-time favorite cake recipe, and I usually spread Low Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting over the top.
But sometimes it’s fun to mix things up a little by, you know, pouring your cake batter into a pan of a different shape. Do I know how to party or what?
Delicious Low Sugar Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup sucanat or brown sugar
- dash of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- ½ cup butter
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2-4 Tablespoons honey (sweeten this to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sucanat, salt, and baking soda.
- Set aside. In a saucepan, bring oil, water, and cocoa to a boil.
- Pour liquid mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredient mixture.
- Stir well.
- Add sour cream and eggs, mixing well.
- Pour batter into a buttered bundt pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before drizzling chocolate glaze over the top.
- For CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- In a small saucepan combine butter, cocoa, milk, and honey.
- Cook and stir over low heat until ingredients are well combined and mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
Want many more delicious, low sugar treats? Check this out!