This Honey Sweetened Flourless Peanut Butter Bars recipe has been a family favorite for many years!
Though actually, I used to always make this recipe into cookies. And I used to use regular sugar. And I used to use 2 cups of that sugar! (Whoa.)
Now I use just 1/3 cup of honey and I simply mix up the three needed ingredients to make Honey Sweetened Peanut Butter Bars instead of cookies.
I love that even though I’ve drastically cut the sweetener, these cookie bars are sweet enough that my kids still enjoy them, but they aren’t so sweet that I can’t enjoy them too. But the best part, of course, is that they stir together super quickly and provide a wholesome snack for the family in just a few minutes!
The cookie version of this low sugar recipe is great too. You’ll find it here. I just like the ease of spreading the batter into a pan and baking. Shortcuts are our friend!
Honey Sweetened Flourless Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 cups natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 egg
- Mix the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread mixture into an 9x13 inch baking dish
- Bake in a 350° oven for 15-20 minutes or until bars are lightly browned.
- Allow the pan to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
I prefer making Homemade Peanut Butter, simply because it tastes amazing and I can be confident about the ingredients! Here are my two favorite Peanut Butter recipes/methods:
- Peanut Butter (just peanuts!)
- Peanut Butter (super creamy and spreadable – like Skippy or Jif – only healthy!)
Looking for more Simple Snack Recipes?
We’re sharing new recipes all month! So far here’s what we’ve come up with:
- No Bake Cookie Cups (5 minute prep!)
- Cream Cheese Salsa Dip (2 ingredients!)
- Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread (blends together fast!)
- Parmesan Crisps (so easy you won’t believe it!)
- Sweet and Salty Almonds or Pecans
- Chocolate Cheesecake Fudge
- Creamy Italian Veggie Dip
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Patricia R. says
I know what I am making this weekend! My grandson will love these. And I just added peanut butter back into my diet so I have all the ingredients. Yum!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this recipe! So simple, delicious , & makes for a great snack or dessert. I put a handful of chocolate chips on top of the hot bars, let them melt & spread the chocolate for a great, easy dessert that the whole family loved! Good thing I doubled the recipe.