If you sense a theme going on, it’s because I’ve become obsessed with this Simple Spicy Chicken Cheese Dip and I keep tweaking it to make it into different dishes. This one becomes a very Simple Spicy Cheesy Chicken, simply by…well. You’ll have to read the recipe below to see.
Forgive me, friends, for bombarding you with so many variations of one basic recipe. I am sorry – not sorry – for making your meals so delicous without much effort.
Here’s what you’re going to do. You’re going to make this dip recipe – but instead of stirring in shredded chicken, topping with cheese, and baking it to eat as a dip, you’re going to spread the cheesy mixture over boneless chicken, and bake it to serve as a main dish.
Incredible. We just took the exact same ingredients and turned them into a brand new meal. Give yourself a round of applause. You just learned a brand new easy recipe and you can make it without thinking or working hard. What did we ever do before figuring out these simple recipes?
Speaking of Simple Recipes – you do have this cookbook don’t you? If not, run with haste to get yourself a copy forthwith (haha, if you watch Blue Bloods, you will laugh with me over this funny choice of words). It is FULL of delicious recipes that are made with real food and take only a few minutes to prepare. You will love it!
And now on to today’s simple recipe:
Simple Spicy Cheesy Chicken
- 8-ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup hot sauce (your favorite)
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheese (we use Colby jack)
- 2 pounds bone-in or boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- In a blender or with a hand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, hot sauce, and ranch dressing until smooth.
- Fold in shredded cheese.
- Place chicken into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. (Shorter time needed for boneless chicken; longer time needed for bone-in.)