Need to say “thank you” to a teacher? Let’s talk about ways to do that…
Teachers work incredibly hard. As the school year winds to a close, let’s talk about ways to say thank you.
Note: Homeschoolers! Oh, moms and dads, you deserve so much thanks! You work so very hard and I will tell you from experience that your work pays off. Take care of you. Take time for you. Take time for rest. Nurture your relationship with God. Take some time this summer to reflect and refresh. It is needed and good. :)
Our littles go to public school right now.
Will they always? I have no idea. But God has made it very obvious that this is His plan for our 8 and 6-year-olds while I care for all of their little siblings all day. We’ve needed this and it is good. Brayden and Bonus Girl’s teachers have been fantastic and we want to thank them. Help us with ideas!
How to Say “Thank You” to a Teacher
I’d like to put several items into a gift bag for our kids’ teachers this year. Here are some ideas I have, and I’m hoping you’ll add your ideas in the comments. :)
- Gift cards – for coffee shops, specialty shops, movies, and/or restaurants
- Pamper Yourself items – like lotion, lip balm, and soap (these are our favorites!)
- Handmade thank you notes from the kids
- Summer Fun items – like sunscreen, a fun water bottle, and a new beach towel
- Journal and pens – for the little bit of downtime teachers get; hopefully they can sit and journal in the sunshine!
- Grilling supplies – like marinades and fun spices
- A good book to read
- A pretty indoor or outdoor plant
- Homemade goodies that the kids help make*
- Fun drink mixes
- Homemade Vanilla – if you have some ready to share!
- Variety of coffee and fun ice cube trays so they can make iced coffee
*Here’s a list of fun treats kids can help make to give to teachers:
- Butterscotch Bars
- Caramel Brownies
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Monster Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Chip Cookies
What ideas do you have for teacher thank you gifts?
P.S. You might also want to gift coaches, piano teachers, special ed teachers, secretaries, custodians, and bus drivers. Who am I forgetting?