Here’s to everyone who needs a holiday munchie that is in the “healthier” and “easier” category. These salty/sweet Easy Candied Walnuts can be made in five minutes. (Kinda makes up for rolling, and cutting, and baking, and frosting of cookies, eh?)
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s made quickly on the stove-top and ready to eat immediately. I’ve kept some in a bowl in our living room since Thanksgiving, and it’s been a great hit with guests!
Easy Candied Walnuts
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- ⅓ cup sucanat, brown sugar, or white sugar
- 2 shakes of sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Place all ingredients in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar has been distributed over walnuts.
- Remove from heat and immediately spread the walnut out on parchment paper so that can cool and "candy."
Want some other fun nutty-type munchies for Christmas season? Here are a couple I’ve shared in the past:
Both are easy, and naturally gluten and dairy free if that is a need for you or for someone you love.
And for those who are interested in the rolling, cutting, baking, and frosting of cookies, here are some recipes for you:
- Low Sugar Christmas Cookies (Yes, you really can make a low sugar cookie that tastes amazing!)
- Peppernuts (These take quite a while to make, but are worth it!)
- Frosted Sugar Cookies (These are the full-sugar variety. Whoa.)
- Orange Cream Cheese Cut-Outs (Also full of sugar, but wow are they delicious.)
As for me, I’m going to do everything I can to avoid rolling, cutting, baking, and frosting cookies this year. There simply isn’t time since we’re planning to travel so much over Christmas. I will instead stick with making easy treats like these Candied Walnuts.
How about you? Making lots of treats this year?