I served these Low Sugar Peanut Butter Cheesecake Balls to a group of college kids, wondering what they would think since they were made with stevia. Five out of five college students were none the wiser, and declared this treat to be delicious. After all, how can we go wrong when cream cheese, peanut butter, and chocolate chips are the main ingredients?
I love having several jars of Homemade Peanut Butter on hand to use in quick recipes like this one. And of course, I like having several packages of cream cheese in the fridge, seeing as cream cheese makes everything better.
By the way, have you tried this Simple Cream Cheese Corn yet? Just when you think sweet corn can’t taste any better than it already does, you add cream cheese and it turns into a plate full of amazingness!
But back to the Peanut Butter Cheesecake Balls. Our 5-year old Bonus Boy and I were looking through Pinterest (a dangerous idea when you’re hungry) and found a recipe similar to this one. Since I had all the ingredients on hand to tweak it into a healthy treat for us, he and I got started mixing these up right away. Success! And according to college kids who didn’t know these were on the healthier side, no one can tell these are low in sugar. Double success!
Easy Low Sugar Peanut Butter Cheesecake Balls
- 8-ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Stir cream cheese, peanut butter, and stevia together until well combined.
- Scoop out small balls of the mixture and roll the balls into a bowl of chocolate chips to coat them.
- Chill balls for at least one hour before serving.
Here are some quick links to some of the finer ingredients in this recipe:
- Homemade Peanut Butter
- NuNaturals Liquid Stevia (my favorite brand)
- Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (soy free!)
Want more Low Sugar Treat recipes?
Some of these links are my affiliate links.