Are you tired of Pumpkin Spice yet? Oh no. You can’t be. It’s way too early for that. And you haven’t even tried these Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins yet!
I did cringe to see a box of Pumpkin Spice Cheerios at the store the other day. Really now. I think we’ve taken this Pumpkin Spice craze just a little bit too far. I love pumpkin and the delicious spices of the season. But I think we should leave our Cheerios alone. And who needs oddly flavored Cheerios anyway when there are these real Pumpkin Muffins with actual cheesecake topping for our dining pleasure?
Better yet, if I give you permission to sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the muffins if you wish? Well, I think the holiday season just got significantly more merry and bright. Pour a cup of coffee to go with, and a delicate tear will slip out the side of your eye as you recognize that Jesus really is the reason for the season.
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- 2 cups Muffin Mix** or...
- 1½ cups whole grain flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or sucanat
- ½ teaspoon baking power
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 egg
- 15-ounces pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- Cheesecake topping:
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add egg, pumpkin puree, and melted butter, stirring until ingredients are combined.
- Scoop batter into 12-15 prepared muffin tins.
- Prepare cheesecake topping by blending (in a blender or with a hand mixer) cream cheese, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of cheesecake topping over each unbaked muffin.
- Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on each muffin if you like.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18-22 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
*Find the recipe for our Pumpkin Spice mix here. Or substitute: 1 teaspoon ground cloves, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg in this recipe.
**If you have our Simple Mixes to Save the Day eBook, save time and energy by using the Muffin Mix for this recipe instead!!
In case you’d rather eat a Pumpkin Spice Cheerio instead of an actual Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin, or if you’re someone who doesn’t like pumpkin or the spices that typically accompany this delightful gourd, I will now refer you to this recipes sister recipes:
Coming soon: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Muffins!
These recipes prove that there is so much to be thankful for this season, am I right?
The pumpkin spice Cheerios are AMAZING!!! It’s my new favorite cereal! When I first saw them I rolled my eyes but then the curiosity got the better of me. It’s been a love affair ever since!
These muffins look absolutely delicious and are on my list to bake this week!
Have you had the PS Life???? SOOOOOOOOO good!
Hi Laura, thanks for all your great posts. These muffins sound delicious. I have the oh, for real cookbook. Is the muffin mix in this recipe the same as in the cookbook?
Yes, that is the same recipe! I forgot it was in my cookbook – ha!
Diane Gremaux says
Those muffins look delicious!I love cheesecake so those sound really good.