This Simple Egg Casserole with Hashbrowns is the breakfast casserole that I’ve found to be the easiest and best tasting!
Fun (or relatively boring) fact: I’m a rebel when it comes to putting bread in Egg Casseroles. I just don’t like soggy bread. :)
But hashbrowns? Oooh, yes. Now we’re talking. I keep either the Mr. Dell’s shredded hashbrowns on hand (I find them at Walmart and they are 100% potatoes without added ingredients). Or better, I buy a bulk box of Organic Frozen Cubed Potatoes from Azure Standard. Having these on hand means I can easily put together this casserole.
You’ve likely read and maybe even used this Easy Breakfast Casserole that I’ve had on my site for years. I realized recently that the original recipe I posted has quite a few variations. This is great because you can put it together in whatever way that works for your family!
But through the years, I find that I’ve landed very solidly on some specifics for how I put together this recipe and this is how we like it best. So, to make it easier for all of us, I’m re-writing the recipe here. Use either one, they are very similar and both are easy and delicious!
Simple Egg Casserole with Hashbrowns
- 12 eggs
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups frozen shredded or cubed hashbrowns
- 3 Tablespoons dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups cooked meat (diced ham, sausage crumbles, or bacon bits)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Crack eggs directly into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Use a fork to mix everything together.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- TO MAKE AHEAD:
- Make as directed, but cover and refrigerate (or freeze) before baking. When you are ready to serve the casserole, bake as directed.
This recipe is so basic and good that I used it recently to teach our 8-year old more about reading a recipe, measuring, and putting together a casserole. She is very new at all of this and she figured it out quickly. We refrigerated her casserole overnight and baked it for breakfast the next morning. It was awesome! She was so proud. :)