Have leftover Sloppy Joe Meat? Use it to quickly make Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!
How’s that for a twist on Sloppy Joes and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches? Sure it’s a tiny bit messy. That’s the point. The flavor is super fun and delicious with the butter, the cheese, and the meat.
These can be thrown together quickly and served with simple sides like fresh fruit and raw veggies. You can have your entire meal on the table in ten minutes!
I’m quite sure most of you know how to make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I’m also quite sure that it’s obvious that to make a Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwich you simply add sloppy joe meat to your grilled cheese. Thus, writing specific directions below to describe exactly how to make a Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwich was an interesting adventure. How did I do? Please be impressed.
Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Leftover Sloppy Joe Meat (recipe link above)
- Whole grain bread
- Softened butter
- Cheese slices (we like Colby jack or Pepper jack)
- Rewarm sloppy joe meat in a saucepan until bubbly.
- Butter two slices of bread and place on a warm/hot griddle.
- Lay a piece of cheese on each unbuttered side of bread, allowing cheese to melt.
- Spread warm meat over one piece of cheese bread.
- Place the other slice of cheese bread onto the sloppy joe/cheese bread to make a sandwich.
- Cook until both sides of bread are golden and cooked to your liking.
Add as much or as little Sloppy Joe Meat to your sandwich as you like. We think these are delicious!
Have you seen our other Simple Summer Suppers? Here’s a running list:
Don’t miss any of our new ideas we’ve got coming! Subscribe for free so all the latest can come directly to your inbox!
Sean Mahan says
Curious to see how this goes, I think the whole family will enjoy these!