When it comes to recipes, the simpler the better right? These Simple Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Muffins are fast and easy, and probably our very favorite. No one even realizes they are made with whole grains!
First, I must give a shout-out to the Muffin Mix in our Simple Mixes to Save the Day eBook. I use this muffin mix allllll the time as it is my very favorite. It seems silly to say that “this muffin mix saves me so much time!” because what does it really save me? Five minutes per batch of muffins? That, and brain energy, which is absolutely worth saving, is it not?
But truly, having the Muffin Mix on hand means all I have to do is scoop out two cups of mix, then quickly add liquid ingredients. It makes muffins come together very quickly and easily. For me, it feels huge as every minute saved in the kitchen allows for more minutes doing other more important tasks!
Below you’ll find the recipe you can use with or without the Muffin Mix. Note that there’s sour cream in these muffins. This makes the muffins moist and amazing!
Use any whole grain flour you choose. I use freshly ground soft white wheat in these muffins. It amazes me that using this flour for baking turns out products that taste surprisingly not whole grainy!
Amazing Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups Muffin Mix** or...
- 1½ cups whole grain flour (I use freshly ground soft white wheat)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or sucanat
- ½ teaspoon baking power
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Scoop Muffin Mix or measure dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add egg, sour cream, milk, and melted butter, stirring until ingredients are combined.
- Fold in ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into 12-15 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18-22 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
**You really must get our Simple Mixes to Save the Day eBook so you can save time and energy by using the Muffin Mix for this recipe instead!! I LOVE having these mixes on hand!!!