Is there anything better than a Christmas Breakfast Casserole? YES. What’s better is a Christmas Breakfast Casserole that can be made ahead of time so you can wake up on Christmas morning and enjoy your family instead of working and cooking!
Today I will share my favorite Breakfast Casserole options, all of which are super fast and easy to make AND can be made with any variety of ingredients you want to put together. As an added bonus, these are both naturally gluten/grain free if that is a need for you!
(Why no bread in these recipes? What can I say? I don’t like soggy bread. Ha!)
First I will re-share my Easy Breakfast Casserole. Mix it up a day or two before Christmas and put it in the fridge. On Christmas morning, bake as directed!
Easy Christmas Breakfast Casserole
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use white cheddar, but you can use whatever cheese you want!)
- 1-2 cups of any variety of cooked breakfast meat, and veggies like onions, peppers, and mushrooms - per your family's preference
- Whisk together eggs, cream, and salt.
- Pour the ingredients into a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle in any "add in" ingredients you wish.
- Stir them around with a fork.
- Top casserole with cheese.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the middle doesn't jiggle.
Care to take a peek at how easy it is to put together this casserole? Here’s a quick video my son helped me make!
More Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Want a few more great Breakfast Casserole recipe ideas? We’ve got plenty!
- I love to make this Breakfast Crock Pot Casserole so we can wake up to a hot breakfast while we open stockings.
- Simple Overnight Pumpkin French Toast Casserole is awesome to have prepped and ready to bake. (Oops, I realized this one isn’t gluten/grain free as I mentioned above! Make with your favorite GF bread if needed!)
- You can make this recipe into Hashbrown and Egg Nests or into a casserole.
- This Sweet Pepper Fritata can be made with red and green sweet peppers so it is festive for Christmas.
What to serve with your Christmas Breakfast Casserole
Oh, I’ve got lots of great ideas for you!
- Fresh Fruit!
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Orange Poppyseed Muffins
- Applesauce Bread
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
- Easy Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Muffins
- Easy Banana Cheesecake Muffins
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- Eggnog Muffins
- Honey Cinnamon Muffins
- Monkey Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Strawberry Cream Muffins
- Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls
What’s your favorite Christmas morning breakfast tradition?