Easy Crock Pot Fajitas? Yes!!! The easiest!
Stand at the stove and fry your fajita meat and veggies if you like. But as for me, I’ve learned to throw all of my fajita ingredients into my crock pot and I don’t think I can go back! I don’t think it changes the flavor one bit, and if anything, since the meat is cooked low and slow, I think these actually taste better!
It goes without saying that throwing everything into a crock pot makes meal prep so easy! And I’ll let you in on a couple of other little time-saving secrets:
- I cheat and buy meat already sliced for fajitas and ready to dump into my crock pot. (Yes, it costs a little more. But I’m spending my time with these cuties)
I’m also spending time with my big kids and our new boys who fall somewhere in the middle, but I don’t usually take pictures of them helping me with laundry. They are still cute too, though.
- I found that buying a frozen bag of sliced sweet peppers is incredibly helpful and DOESN’T cost more than buying them fresh and cutting them myself! This is a huge perk and also helpful because:
The babes have learned to climb on everything, and since there are two of them, it doesn’t work for me to turn my back to them while I cut sweet peppers.
So, now you know. I buy pre-cut meat and pre-cut veggies. Again, let me say that buying pre-cut frozen peppers costs the same or LESS than buying fresh peppers and taking the time to cut them myself. Score!
Now that I have my convenient, but still real-food ingredients, I can throw them into my crock pot, season it quickly, and five mintues later our dinner is cooking. My job here is done. Now I can go chase babies out of the…um, just about out of everything. Phew!
Easy Crock Pot Fajitas
- 2-3 pounds steak or chicken, sliced in thin strips
- 16-ounces frozen sweet peppers or 2-3 sweet peppers slicked in thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced in thin strips
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix everything in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve on tortillas or in a bowl of rice with any of your favorite fajita fillings!
See how pretty the ingredients look after you put them into your crock pot, turn it on, and walk away?
We love serving these with this Easy Guacomole, and it gives me great joy that guac is a way to sneak veggies into my kids!
Our kids like wrapping these in tortillas like regular fajitas. But Matt and I have enjoyed putting our fajita filling into a bowl of rice made like this. SO flavorful and good!
Give these easy fajitas a try. You will love how simple and delicious they are!
Psssst! Everyone be sure to grab our Simple Real Food Recipes cookbook full of amazingly tasty and simple real food recipes like this one!
Leave a Reply