Hot cocoa is wonderful. Hot tea hits the spot. I think we all know how I feel about a lovely cup of coffee. (Best thing ever, in case you weren’t sure.) But this Hot Vanilla Milk is a fun option to offer when you need a little variety in your hot drink repertoire.
If you want to make it really special, add one of the fun Flavored Whipped Cream options I shared below. As fun as it is to hit a coffee shop sometimes for a special treat, it is not fun to pay $4-$5 per cup of delicious drink. This Hot Vanilla Milk and all the other fun drink options I listed below will save us all loads of money because we can make many great hot drinks at home!
Hot Vanilla Milk
- 3 cups milk (I use whole milk)
- 2 Tablespoons real maple syrup (give or take)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk milk and maple syrup together in a small sauce pan.
- Stir over low heat until milk mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Serve right away.
I will now make a list for you of all the hot drink recipes I’ve shared here through the years. With this Hot Vanilla Drink recipe, there’s a hot drink for every day of the week! Plus I included a few fun add-ins to the list. Hot drinks are fun. Hot drinks with flavored whipped creams are even better!
- Easy Hot Chocolate Mix
- The Best Hot Cocoa
- Homemade Healthier Eggnog
- Warm Vanilla Soother
- Warm Chocolate Soother
- Warm Pumpkin Custard
- Chocolate Caramel Coffee Creamer
- Peppermint Cream for your hot chocolate or coffee
- Chocolate Whipped Cream for Coffee
What are your favorite hot drinks? Do you live in a cold-weather area? My family (here in Nebraska) is doing everything we can to stay warm right now.