Want to know the secret ingredient that makes Perfect French Toast? How about two secret ingredients? Mhmm, these ingredients are about to become not-so-secret…
I realize that these tricks may be what you’ve been doing all along to make Perfect French Toast. Still, it’s fun to share, just in case. Nothing like taking a delicious and easy breakfast, brunch, or dinner and making it just that much better!
How to Make Perfect French Toast
Here are the two tricks I use to take our French toast up a notch:
1. Add Vanilla Extract to the egg mixture.
2. Use Cinnamon Swirl Bread.
The vanilla adds a wonderful flavor to your French Toast. And using Cinnamon Swirl Bread instead of “regular ol’ bread” is a huge game-changer for the better. THIS MAKES FRENCH TOAST SO GOOD!!
I used to always make Cinnamon Swirl Bread at home. I started using:
- This Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe, then switched to an easier method which turned into:
- This Stir-and-Pour Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
But now that we’ve added little ones to our home again and I find myself juggling my bigs, my littles, my marriage, my home, my work, court dates, case worker visits/meetings, appointments, my own health – well…
I happily and un-guiltily buy the cinnamon swirl bread.
Does it need to be said? Ok. Let’s review:
God is bigger than store-bought bread.
However you would like to make your Perfect French Toast, with whatever bread works best for you, go for it and enjoy! But oh making it with Cinnamon Swirl Bread does make it so much better!
Perfect French Toast
- 10 slices of Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter for cooking French Toast
- Fruit and Real Maple Syrup
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and vanilla extract.
- Heat butter in a skillet until melted.
- Dip bread into the egg mixture, coating each slice entirely.
- Fry each coated slice of bread in the buttered skillet until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with real maple syrup and fruit
What about making homemade vanilla? Goodness I would but is the price of vanilla beans ever going to go back down?? C’mon beans. We need you. And we need you to cost less than our sons’ college tuition.
Have you tried using Cinnamon Swirl Bread when you make French Toast? And do you add a little shot of vanilla? Mmm, so good.