If you have an Instant Pot, this method for cooking Stick-of-Butter Rice cuts the cook time in half!
Once I learned to make Stick-of-Butter-Rice, I’ve never gone back to making it the “regular” way again. This recipe is TOO DELICIOUS. My entire family likes this – even the ones who never really cared about rice before. It’s the butter, of course. Also the onion. And the broth. The mixture makes incredibly tasty rice!
If you bake this recipe in an oven, it takes a solid hour. This is fine if you have an hour. If you don’t, and you have an Instant Pot, try it this way instead! It can be done in just a half hour!
I love making batches of rice ahead of time. Typically I’ll make this and use what we need for a meal, then use the rest to stir into recipes like:
Then I can get two meals out of one!
Here’s how we often eat our freshly made rice, served with:
- Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Salsa Shredded Beef
But truly, this rice is so flavorful that it’s perfect as a side dish all by itself. I think you’ll be like me once you try this and never go back to regular rice again!
How to Make Stick-of-Butter Rice in the Instant Pot
- 2 cups brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons dry minced onions
- 1 stick of butter, cut into 6 chunks (1/2 cup)
- Place ingredients in your Instant Pot and stir.
- Seal pot and cook on the manual setting at high pressure for 22 minutes.
- Allow the pot to release naturally after cooking.
- Stir and enjoy!
Laura S says
What dish is featured in the picture? It is rice, with corn and a jar of salsa in the background. I have been wanting to make something like that. Thanks!
Bethany Lotulelei says
It’s a Spanish Rice Bowl!
Here’s the link: https://www.heavenlyhomemakers.com/simple-build-a-spanish-rice-bowl
-Bethany (HH Team)